TLD Domains transfer procedure
Note: If you want to transfer a domain to another client of EACdirectory, Simply log onto the client area and open a ticket indicating the new client email address while giving the instruction
You can also ask the client to Register here then we transfer the domain to him/her.
Transfer from another registrar
- Ensure that you have a backup of your website and emails before hand
- Let us know the preferred Hosting plan, we shall send you the Hosting details to upload the new site, OR
- Send us the cpanel details from your current Host and we shall assist with the migration
- Change to our Namesevers
- Start the Domain transfer process. This to ensure you have minimal downtime
- Domain transfer process could take 1 to 10 days
TLD Domain Transfer Procedures
This procedure applies to tld (top level domains) i.e. .com, .org, .net, .biz, .tv, .me, .co
- Ensure that the domain has not expired and is at least 10 days prior to expiring
- Ensure that the domain status is unlocked (status OK or Active), otherwise it will read “LOCKED” or “clientTransferProhibited”
- Ensure WHOIS records privacy is disabled/removed if it had been enabled
- Check and confirm that the Registrant or Administrative Email address is correct, (this should usually be the contact information of the owner of the domain/client)
- Request for EPP/Authorization code from your current registrar
- Send us the EPP/Authorization Code through email so as to initiate the Domain transfer.
Note: Contact us if your registrar is: publicdomainregistry.com
- You cannot change nameservers for a domain on Transfer.The transfer order has to be cancelled first
- You cannot renew a domain on transfer. The transfer order has to be cancelled first
- Check these status from the link www.who.is or www.whois.com/whois/
- Also ensure that you have full email and website backup before the transfer process starts, Note: Please do not start the transfer process if your emails and websites are not backed up.
- The domain transfer process usually takes between 1 to 10 days
- Transfer Fee is Ksh.1160 (domain renewed automatically for another 1 year)
- Domains that have expired can not be transfered.
- If your domain expired with your old Registrar, and you renewed it with them, then do not Transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name, and you will lose out on the Renewal fees paid to the older Registrar.
- ICANN & Registry regulations prohibit the transfer of domain names that have been registered or previously transferred within the last 60 Days. Please wait for 60 days from the date of registration or previous transfer before applying for a transfer of such domain names.