TLD (e.g. com, .org e.t.c) Transfers
1. Transfers within the EAC directory ( Intra-Transfers)
Note: If you want to transfer a domain to another client of EACdirectory, Simply log onto the client area and open a ticket indicating the new client's email address while giving the instruction.
You can also ask the client to Register here then we transfer the domain to him/her.
2. Transfers from another registrar
- Ensure that you have a backup of your website and emails beforehand.
- Let us know the preferred Hosting plan, we shall send you the Hosting details to upload the new site,
- Change to our nameservers ( See Welcome email for the details)
- Start the Domain transfer process. This is to ensure you have minimal downtime
- The domain transfer process could take From a Few Hours to 14 days after the client approves generated online request
Few hours if you approvals are done asap (by Losing and Gaining registrars), but it will take longer if the Gaining registrar does not approve it, in which case system will do it automatically between 7 and 14 days)
This procedure applies to TLD (top-level domains) i.e. .com, .org, .net, .biz, .tv, .me, .co
- Ensure that the domain has not expired and is at least 10 days prior to expiring
- Ensure that the domain status is unlocked (status OK or Active), otherwise it will read “LOCKED” or “clientTransferProhibited”
- Ensure WHOIS records privacy is disabled/removed if it had been enabled
- Check and confirm that the Registrant or Administrative Email
- the address is correct, (this should usually be the contact information of
- the owner of the domain/client)
- Request for EPP/Authorization Code from your current registrar
- Send us the EPP/Authorization Code through email so as to initiate the domain transfer.
Note: Contact us if your registrar is: publicdomainregistry.com