As technology changes, it becomes increasingly challenging for businesses of all types to keep their personal and customer information on the web secure.
Kindly take the precautions below to protect yourself and your business:
1. Secure your Account with 2-Factor Authentication.
Two-factor authentication (2FA), sometimes referred to as two-step verification or dual-factor authentication, is a security process in which users provide two different authentication factors to verify themselves. This process is done to better protect both the user's credentials and the resources the user can access.
Two-Factor authentication allows you to require a code from a device you own before you can log in, this makes it much more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access.
2. Always Backup Your Emails Via Microsoft Outlook Or Read Your Emails On Gmail. Learn More
3. Enable login into Client area Account via social tools like Facebook, Google, and Twitter. Learn More
4. Run A Scan On Your Device For Malware. Malware is software that is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain unauthorized access to a computer system. They are computer programs designed to infiltrate and damage computers without the user's consent. You can sign up for a Malware scan here. Learn how to
5. Use Codeguard To Ensure Periodic Backup Of Your Websites. Use Codeguard to ensure periodic backup of your websites. Learn More
6. Use Sitelock To Scan Your Website For Malware And Vulnerabilities. Sitelock detects threats, and fixes problems or security risks it encounters on your website. Learn More
You are responsible for all actions that are performed with, by, or under your account credentials whether done by you or by others.
All account access, password, and other security measures are your responsibility.
EAC directory is not liable for any damages, direct or indirect, that result from unauthorized account access or use.
You will be responsible for all authorized actions taken by our support personnel using your login.
Before you request support, you should backup your data.
You agree to give EAC directory permission to access your accounts for the purpose of troubleshooting technical issues with the account or server and to confirm compliance with all of our policies.
We also conduct automated scans of data for security purposes and reserve the right to change permissions, modify files or quarantine files that are deemed to be malicious in nature.
Note: For organizations that consider Email to be an important part of their process, we recommend the use of Google Suite
For more information , please contact us via ke(at)EACdirectory.co.ke