001. Microsoft Outlook POP3
Set Up E-mail with Microsoft OutlookÂIn this tutorial, we shall use the domain eacdirectory.co.ke with the email address [email protected] as an example.
Step 1From your computer, click theÂ StartÂ menu and double-click theÂ Control PanelÂ icon.Step 2Double-click the mail icon
TypeÂ mailÂ into the search box at the top-right of the Control Panel window to quickly find theÂ MailÂ icon. Then, double-click it.Â
Step 3Click theÂ E-mail AccountsÂ button.Â
Step 4SelectÂ Add a new e-mail accountÂ and click theÂ NextÂ button.Â
Step 5SelectÂ POP3Â and click theÂ NextÂ button.Â
- EnterÂ Your NameÂ and fullÂ E-mail AddressÂ in the appropriate text boxes.
- For theÂ Incoming mail server (POP3), enter for example, mail.eacdirectory.co.ke and for theÂ Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter for example, mail.eacdirectory.co.ke
- YourÂ User NameÂ is yourÂ full e-mail addressÂ and yourÂ PasswordÂ is the password that was chosen when setting up the e-mail account.
- Check the box to Remember password if you do not wish to enter the password each time when accessing your e-mail account.
- When you are complete, click theÂ More SettingsÂ button.
Step 7In the new window that opens, click theÂ Outgoing ServerÂ tab at the top.Â
Step 8Check the box forÂ My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authenticationÂ and ensure thatÂ Use same settings as my incoming mail serverÂ is selected. Click theÂ AdvancedÂ tab.
- Incoming server (POP3) to 110.
- Outgoing server (SMTP) to 26 or 25 or 587
- Â Make sure the checkbox on 'This server requires an encripted connection' is NOT ticked
- Click theÂ OKÂ button when finished.
Step 10Click theÂ Test Account SettingsÂ button to test the connection. Outlook should now be able to connect.
If successful, click theÂ CloseÂ button and continue.Â
If you are experiencing trouble with the connection, check your E-mail settings once again with the previous steps in this article.Â
Step 11Click theÂ NextÂ button to save the E-mail Settings and continue through setup.Â
Step 12Click theÂ FinishÂ button to complete setup.
ÂStep 13Click theÂ CloseÂ button to exit the Mail settings window.Â
Step 14You may now launch Outlook 2003 to access your newly added EAC directory e-mail account!
Was this answer helpful?
004. Microsoft Outlook 2013 POP3 Tutorial
Set Up E-mail with Microsoft Outlook 2013 using POP3 In this tutorial, we shall use the domain...