24/04/2018 by Pauline 0 Comments
Everything You Need to Know About Domain Name Check
Every second on the internet, several new websites are created and uploaded to the web space. Finding an ideal domain name has now become such a daunting task that you don’t even know what to call your new site because most of the time your preferred name is not available. Good news is that searching for a domain name will only take a click of a button especially if you already have several names in mind.
There are several domain name resellers who can help you register your preferred name with Icann. Local registrars are listed at the Kenic website and include EAC directory and Sungura. International registrars include Godaddy, Bluehost, Namecheap, Hostgator and Dreamhost. Prices may vary among these providers. If your preferred domain name is available, you can register it immediately.
Follow these 3 simple steps to conduct a domain name check:
• Step 1: Write down a list of five to ten possible words you would use as domain name.
• Step 2: Visit the domain name registrar’s website.
• Step 3: Type in the search bar your preferred domain name together with the preferred TLD, such as xxx.com or xxx.co.ke then press Enter.
• Step 4: The website will instantly check the domain availability then show the results. If it is available, you can place an order. If it is not available, you will get suggestions of related names you can buy, say xxx.info, xxx.co, xxx.ke, xxx.net.
• Step 5: If you are not interested in the alternative names, type in your second name and repeat the above process.
• Step 6: Enter your domain ownership details. Remember to fill in your ownership details with he registrar. Enter your name, mobile number, email address and any other contact information that you deem necessary. That is what people will see when they conduct a whois lookup.
Remember, once you get your preferred domain name, you will need to keep it safe by renewing in time.